Who are we?
We are an awesome group of parents who have joined together to promote awareness and inclusion for our children who were born with down syndrome. Our children range in age from infant to adult with varying abilities.
How long have you been in existence?
How did we begin?
A few parents got together and believed that they could share and support each other in addition to learn form each other and in turn, share that knowledge with other parents who would come after them.
What do we do?
- We connect parents with other parents of similar concerns with each other
- We refer to area resources
- We offer training, family support, educational support, family activities
- We contribute to NDSS and NDSC for research and awareness
- We plan and promote an annual Buddy Walk to raise funds for awareness, inclusion research, and advocacy for persons born with down syndrome.
- We welcome anyone to attend a meeting or call with any questions … family or professionals alike
- We are available to speak to students, teachers, medical staff, colleges, support staff, supports coordinators, etc. regarding down syndrome awareness
Where do we meet?
At St. Paul’s Lutheran Church Conference Room on Sterrettania Road in Millcreek. Contact us to verify the next meeting date.
How do you contact us?
Call Jackie Lupo @ 814-833-2143 or e-mail her at email@example.com
You can also contact Diane at FSS through Barber National Institute @ 878-5961
Funded in part by FSS and Erie County Dept of Human Services